Why Cloud Backup?
The modern business environment understands that the amount of data generated every day grows at an exponential rate. Without access to their data, businesses cannot function and a loss of data could lead to the loss of clients and reputation. This is why it is essential to safeguard this information. Tape backups served this purpose for many years, but it was not without problems. Today, there are better options which provide faster secure access to the data a business needs to operate.
Many companies already recognize the limitations of tape backups and have made the switch to cloud backup and recovery solutions. Cloud backup and recovery services provide better reliability, affordability, security and manageability. Here are a few of the points to also take note of:
- Ability to leverage existing infrastructure — a cloud backup and recovery solution doesn’t require buying or installing expensive equipment as it takes advantage of your existing corporate network.
- Set it and forget it — once you select a backup schedule, company data is saved automatically, providing a transparent solution.
- Tape backup shortcomings — tape backups are often expensive, vulnerable to obsolescence and can be lost or stolen when being transported off-site.
- Improved recovery time objectives — by using a managed backup service, the speed and reliability of your recovery and restore will be governed through your Service Level Agreement.
- Smarter use of IT resources — a cloud backup and recovery solution will allow your business to redirect IT resources to more pressing challenges within your organization.
- Backup Lifecycle Management — a cloud backup and recovery solution aligns the value of your data with the cost of protecting it. As the value of your data declines over time the cost of protecting it also declines providing you with additional cost savings.
Any business, regardless of size or yearly revenue, has the opportunity to take advantage of cloud backup and recovery solutions. Would you like to know more? Contact RenovoData today!