Seven Benefits of Agentless Backup
Before we cover the benefits of an agentless backup, let’s touch briefly on the problem with agents. The use of agents with a backup and recovery solution (such as tape or a disk-to-disk (D2D) products), has a direct impact on data security, recoverability, and costs. IT managers know the downsides that accompany agent-based solutions, specifically: compromised security, more pieces of software to manage (and to fail), high licensing fees, increasing administrative costs, and application disruption.
So now we’ve covered the “bad news”, let’s get to the “good stuff”. Agentless Backup provides the following benefits:
- Significant savings. Even if backup agents from other vendors were free, our solution would still provide huge savings. First-year operating expenses alone can rack up over $100K-$200K for an enterprise environment with 1,000 server agents. Annual server maintenance and operating expenses for this configuration can add an additional $50K-$60K.. The agentless solution eliminates those operating costs in addition to the purchase price of the agents.
- Simple licensing. RenovoData offers businesses a unique pay-as-you-grow pricing model instead of the traditional agent-based pricing. Our pricing model is based on the amount of compressed backup data stored. Customers purchase our software the same as disk capacity but with no license fees, no tracking, and no overspending on site licenses.
- One piece of software to install, manage, and diagnose. Our software even upgrades itself, so there are no time-consuming and resource-draining updates required for the hundreds or perhaps thousands of systems on typical enterprise networks. Plus, help is always just a phone call away.
- WAN/LAN/CPU resource conservation. Our software runs with little to no impact on servers, workstations, and laptops, eliminating the drain on resources associated with agent-based solutions. Data reduction technologies also minimize the impact on bandwidth and storage resources. While traditional agent-based backup and recovery solutions require implementation of high-speed connections between the central data center and remote offices.
- Robust, hard coded security. Our solution provides extremely safe in-flight and at-rest data security utilizing up to 256 bit AES encryption. And it works within the organization’s security framework—there are no agents to open hacker-tempting ports in the firewall. With our secure data transmission services, we help businesses achieve compliance, minimize information-loss liabilities, and protect customer confidence.
- Elegant scaling. Our software is capable of elegantly scaling both in the dimensions of capacity and performance. This type of scalability is critical for environments with large numbers of remote sites and data endpoints. It supports your company’s ability to achieve rapid data growth. While agent-based solutions increase the level of complexity in rapid growth environments, our agentless backup and recovery solution easily accommodates new capacity, new applications, and new sites. Features such as integrated load balancing ensure efficiency across multiple system IP addresses.
- Backup consistency, improved recoverability. The simplicity, efficiency, and security of the system makes it easy for remote sites to quickly implement and maintain consistent data backup programs. This means companies can significantly boost data recoverability in locations where success rates below 50% were once the norm. Even when disaster strikes, you can count on RenovoData to help get your company back up and running.